Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Creative Writing (Kist)

I've been reading short stories by Raymond Carver and J.D. Salinger recently. I think that these works would enhance the classroom. I'd like to incorporate a creative writing unit into my future classroom. Students have a lot of valuable thoughts and life experiences bouncing around in their heads-- just waiting to be written. I hope to create a classroom environment that encourages creative thought and expression. I took a creative writing course when I was in high school (and creative writing as well as fiction writing I and II in college) and I would be open to teaching a similar course in the future. If that isn't an option I'd be willing to start a creative writing club that would meet after school. Works by Raymond Carver allow me to view life with a more attentive gaze and I hope that I can transfer that concept down to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment