Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Oral History of the Internet

It's interesting to read about the origin of the Internet. There are so many people and ideas that helped shape the Internet. It was funny to read about how people didn't know what e-mail was. It just makes me wonder what will be created in my lifetime that will be funny to my students that I didn't know about. I never really thought about the fact that the Internet is a baby. It was only in 1995 that Netscape was up and Internet Explorer was just being worked on! The public Internet isn't even 20 years old. I think about how cars change over 20 years and I have no clue what Internet will be like in another 20. It seems to me that teachers cannot escape the ever-growing use of the Internet and technology.

1 comment:

  1. That's so true! I've met so many teachers and professors who are unwilling to embrace the growing technology, and it seems pointless to stand in the way of progress that could help even one student learn.

    ReplyDelete