Friday, February 4, 2011

The Battle For Facebook/ History of Facebook (Kist)

I found this article pretty interesting. I saw the film "The Social Network" and it told this story surprisingly accurately. I guess I can take away the idea of how important and revolutionary technology is. Social media is incredibly popular and growing exponentially. I have a friend in Zambia and another in Malawi and through Facebook I am able to keep in contact with them-- and even see pictures. I mailed a package to Malawi and it took three weeks to get there. I can't imagine what it used to be like to communicate in only that way! Mark Zuckerberg may not have entirely thought of Facebook on his own but he put the time and effort into building the site into what it is today. I am not particularly interested in the battle surrounding the origin of Facebook but rather what it did to society and how society will respond to new future advances in social media.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you, all of my friends from high school go to different schools throughout the country and it's so convenient to be able to talk to them through Facebook. I can't imagine calling, mailing, or even emailing people as the only means of communicating with friends in far-away places.

    ReplyDelete