Monday, April 11, 2011

Lesson design for classical literature (Pytash)

It was interesting to learn more about Jago and the research that she did while teaching. I don’t know what the future holds for me but knowing how much I enjoy learning about social science and education, I can see myself researching as well. I do know that I’m determined to be more than a mediocre teacher. I liked that this chapter mentioned “teaching a lesson, revising the lesson, teaching the revised lesion, evaluating and reflecting once more,” (Jago 102). It shows that teachers do not stop trying to improve their lessons. I think that it is important for teachers to continue to evaluate themselves. Teachers know to evaluate students but I feel like they forget to repeatedly evaluate what they are doing. I know that when I teach I will end up doing things wrong or in an ineffective manner. I hope to notice these things quickly and mold that learning experience into success by trying new things and putting what I’ve discovered as ineffective away then moving on to something new. I think there should be an educational reform in this country because students are getting cheated out of a quality education in too many schools. Jago brings up a lot of ways to help in this chapter but the one way that I can do something is by learning from what she wrote and applying to my future classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany - you are right - being a critically reflective teacher allows both you and your students to grow.

    ReplyDelete